Kuhl, Gopnik, & Meltzoff argue that there are twice as many connections being developed in children between the ages of 2 and 3 than in adults.
HudsonWay Immersion School Home
Home Page Main Image Shuffle
HWIS educational director Elizabeth Willaum has been awarded the Fred D. Carrigg Leadership Award by NJTESOL/NJBE, Inc, in recognition of her history of leadership.
Peter Blatchford, UCL, says small class sizes not only encourages positive student behavior, but raise test scores.
An experiment described in Dr. Barbara Pearson’s book Raising a Bilingual Child illustrates how degrees of exposure to a second language can change social perceptions.
Our School At A Glance
- 15Years since HWIS opened its doors as NY/NJ’s first Mandarin and Spanish independent immersion school
- 200+Combined number of day school students enrolled in our NYC and Stirling, NJ campuses
- 40+Faculty and staff
- 97Percentage of students enrolled in our program for 4+ years testing as gifted
- 6:1Average student-to-teacher ratio
- 80Percentage of students who do not speak the target language (Mandarin or Spanish) at home